Table sections on different layers

We have tables on our drawing borders for recording amendments/revisions.

The format of some borders is such that the table has to wrap onto new pages.

The whole table should be on a layer named "Text", as it is when the drawing bhorder is placed, but new pages are appearing on the active layer.

This gives us a table spread over at least 2 layers.

The macro that we use to place borders can also be used to replace a border, and gives the option of keeping revision tables etc. The 'keep' option is enabled by not deleting elements on their particular layer.

What we now find is that even though the first page is on the correct layer it still gets deleted with the other pages, because they are not on the correct layer.

I can work round this by modifying the macro to make sure the table pages are all on one layer, but surely a table should be all on one layer, not spread across several depending on what was active at the time a new page was created.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.
3 REPLIES

Re: Table sections on different layers

Sounds like a reasonable gripe......& cool little macro.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Thanks Sean,

The macro has saved us hours and hours of tedious work filling in alteration columns and it also gives us a standard form for filling in the rest of the title block.

We do work for several customers and they all want drawings on their own drawing borders.

As a result we can't just have all the backgrounds in one template file, so we needed a quick and easy way of placing any border type (currently 25 options !).

Some information is just held in tables but other comes from property text, which is updated and kept in sync without the user knowing.

(I developed the first one in my own time at home - wish I'd charged them more Smiley Wink)

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000

Using Jason Newell's Spy for Solid Edge there appears to be no way to get/set the layer of additional pages of a table in code. I will just have to make sure that I set the active layer when the table is being modified.
HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000