Tangent edges in assembly - unrealistic position and movements

Creator
Creator

Hello to everyone, I want to report this strange behaviour of ST9 (all MP):

When you are in an assembly, if you select a part with any type of cylinder (shafts or holes), the tangent edges which connect the ends of the cylinder are not in tangency, but they make weird movements.

For example, this image is from ST6 and the edges are all ok (I've selected the part and I'm watching it from under other parts):

st6.PNG

In ST9 instead, the edges are like this:

st9.PNG

The strangest part is that the edges are not stable in their positions, but they move when changing view, check the video to see.

I hope someone can explain or solve this issue.

Thank you, Giorgio

HPZ620

Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 3.7GHz

16GB 1600MHz

Quadro K4000

W7 professional

ST6/ST8/ST9 (latest MP)

(view in My Videos)

6 REPLIES

Re: Tangent edges in assembly - unrealistic position and movements

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Turn Perspective on and try it.

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Creator
Creator

I tried, the comand solve the problem but I can't work in perspective... Principally because you can't rotate around a dot but always around the principal axes, and then because if you look through plan view the edges are staggered (obviously).

Phenom
Phenom

I'd say this is a graphics card driver problem.

Is it only in ST9 ?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

When in Wireframe mode, ST9 is not calculating or displaying any derived edges including horizon edges while a view translation is occuring.  It calculates them when you stop the view translation.  If you use any of the other view modes, it will calculate derived edges during the view translation.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Creator
Creator

This isn't right. It never calculates horizon edges, even when you stop the view translation (as you can see from the second image, it's taken when stationary). Maybe there's a problem.. 

I have the same problem in all machines in the office, so I can exlude every problem on graphics card or similar.

However, the problem is only in assembly. Other ambients are all ok and the edges are in their right position. 

Creator
Creator

SOLUTION

It was a problem with registry keys, caused by the contemporary installation of multiple versions of solidedge.

Thank you all for the support,

Giorgio