Template Directories

Creator
Creator

Hello all,

I'm trying to set up templates for our department.  Mostly drafting, as we see no need to make communal part file templates. So here is my question: Can you set up multiple directories for the templates?

The reason why I ask this is that I want a communal template directory for drafts, saved on a shared drive.  This way they can be continously updated without need of notifying everyone. However, I don't want to restrict people from creating part templates for themselves.  To prevent the communal template directory filled with each individual's list of templates, I'd prefer to split the templates into two seperate directories (one for the draft templates, and another for personal use).

Any help or suggestions (including a work-around) will be appreciated. Just want to standarize drafts, but not limit the fuctionality of part templates for people who want to use them (and not crowd the communal directory).

We work with ST4 if that makes a difference.

Sorry if this is trivial or already answered, I've searced and found nothing.

2 REPLIES

Re: Template Directories

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
We did a lot of work on Templates in ST8 that should provide what you need. I don't recall how ST4 templates behave so can't say for sure if what you are asking is available there. But ST8 should be something you can look at.
Thanks
Ronnie Conerly
Product Manager, Solid Edge

Re: Template Directories

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

It doesn't work in ST4 only from ST7, where you can set a different folder (local or network) up from default folder.

BR, 

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/