Solved! Go to solution

Templates access

Hi guys,

I have pretty big problem with templates. Sice we have IT department which is installing software for us, the settings is little bit different than it could be when one install it by himselfs.

The problem I have is, that they installed me version ST5 with some templates in German, that cant be even opened by me (some troubles with rights). And every time I tried it, it backed me an error message as it is on a picture bellow. I dont even have them now and my idea was to download somewhere those templates, so I can change the rights. It is same for case I want to draw part from my 3D design. It backs me the same error message. 

Our IT cant solve it, since it is problems with Solid Edge directly and they refered me with this for someone who knows SE better. Can you please give a tip how to solve it?

Dont hesitate to ask me for further information.

Thank you in advance for help! 

Martin

SE_1.png

SE_2.png

10 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hactive
‎09-23-2016 09:22 AM

Re: Templates access

First step: make sure the path to templates in settings/options/file locations is correct.

templates.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

Hello,

thank you for response. However, things are getting more interesting, since I do not have it there.SE_3.png

I mean, even afer a try with "modify" I am no able to run them. Is there some possibility to download new templates somewhere? 

Martin

Solution
Solution
‎09-23-2016 10:27 PM

Betreff: Templates access

Hi,

OK, as aI understand YOu just tried to create a drawing directly from the 3D part.

But when it comes to the template, there is no dft file defined and the error message appears.

Can You now BROWSE for a certain draft template to use?

Or You can try to enter the necessary info into Your Current User Registry at following path:

20160923_1502.PNG

regards
Wolfgang
Solution
Solution
‎09-23-2016 08:47 PM

Your file locations appear to be controlled by an options.xml file located on the z: drive. I think you need to change that file so it points the file location to the right place for templates.

Did your IT group put that options.xml there?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Exactly, this is something they did. And I am not able to browse when I want to create drawing from 3D.

Hi,

I suppose, then Your IT have to change the specified value for Your draft templates and deploy that for all users.

By the way, can You change Your Current User Registry as mentioned above?

regards
Wolfgang

So I finally solved it with that option for modifying template path. I copied some drafts, changed the rights for my user account and it works now.

Last question, is there possibility to download templates or you can just reinstall the Solid Edge and it comes only with the setup?

Hi,

I am not sure, where I can find it and what It has to do with it.

Hi,

as a template only is a predefined part or draft file You can use as many as You need for Your work.

The only question here is, wether or not You are allowed to change the folder path for those templates.

If I remember correctly YOu were not able to change the user template path entry witihn Your filel location options since that is not allowed by Your IT.

The only way then might be to have a directory with predefined SE files, which You can open and save as later on.

It still is not the standard template behaviour, but anyway better then nothing.

regards
Wolfgang