Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Text profile cutout in assembly

Pioneer
Pioneer

of course i can explain meybe there is a better solution for this.

I need a priting on the finished part that will apear in the keyshot render.

the finised product will have a print spec made after it so I need this prin in the drawing as well as in the phisical part.

so what I thought is that I could make a small cutout in the shape of the text 0.1 mm deep that I can fill out with a part and this will apear as text on the drawing as a different part for keyshot to render in another material

Legend
Legend

Ahh, well, I'll tell you what I have done for similar. I make that cut and save as a different part. I add that cut part back into my assembly, mating to the original part, and offset like you are thinking so it appears to be almost a decal. You can set this new cut part in your property occurances to not show up in you assembly bom.

I know, the experts in here will probably tell you to finger out how to do decals, and add them to your model in Keyshot. But, I've failed at just about every attempt to use decals up to this point.

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
How about a sketch in the part containing the text as appropriate. Then make that sketch visible in the assembly. That way it won't show up in the part drawing but it can be shown in the assembly. I don't know if Keyshot can handle that or not but it is worth a crack.