Thank you Karsten Newbury

I wanted to post a huge THANK YOU to Karsten Newbury. Karsten has left the Solid Edge family and has moved on and is taking a new job as VP at Gerber Technologies.

Over the past 4 or so years that I got to know Karsten,  I felt there was nobody more dedicated to making Solid Edge the best in class CAD software a well as a wonderfull and fun person just to be with. And for that I will always be truly grateful. We all should reach out and thank him for his endless efforts over these past years... he deserves a lot of credit.

I wish him and his family well, and great success.  He will always be remembered here in the SE community as a person who worked tirelessly to make Solid Edge the great product it is today... and the person who takes the helm next will have some big shoes to fill.

Good Luck Karsten... you'll be missed.

Bob

10 REPLIES

Re: Thank you Karsten Newbury

Very sorry to hear that we are losing Karsten's talent. Good luck, and thanks for helping build a great product!

-Dylan Gondyke

I met Karsten at this year's university.  I had an issue with SE (related - not the program) that wasn't being resolved so I told him my situation.  He listened to what I had to say and told me he would get an answer for me.  A day later at the university Karsten found me and told me a few people from Siemens would be contacting me.  Shortly after getting home I recieved phone calls from Siemens and my problem was resolved.

I'm a single seat user and Karsten treated me like I had a 100 seats.  I appreciated his effort resolving my problem and his work for all SE users.

Good luck Karsten

Franz

Like Bob, I can't say enough about what Karsten has meant to the Solid Edge community.  I remember just a few years ago when myself and other users were wondering where Solid Edge was going.  Karsten came in, made himself available to the users and really took charge of the marketing efforts.  I was able to meet him in person at the Huntsville SE summit in 2011 and was really impressed and appreciative at how friendly and dedicated he was to making Solid Edge the leading brand.  He and Dan Staples really take an interest in the users and are always open to input - good or bad - and take that input to heart.

I want to wish Karsten the best of luck and thank him again for a job well done.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

As others have expressed I will be sad to see Karsten leave Solid Edge. He really was engaged in making Solid Edge the best tool for us to use, and resolving the Marketing/Branding issues of the past. I wish him well at Gerber, or wherever he goes.

Jason

[ Edited ]

I was disapointed to hear this.  I've got a lot of respect for him and his ideas.  

On the plus side, it will be fun to see what he does next.  When I was working for Michelin, one of the senior guys left to join a car company.  Anyone know Carlos Ghosn? Feels a bit like that.

Mark

Karsten will be missed for sure....and was just one of the many people I had locked into my mind, to meet face-to-face, at the next SEU. Robot Sad

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi,

He was (is) one of the emblematic guy's Solid Edge in the last 5 year. We don't know what is in the background... 

What I can say: Good luck and this:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

I never met him in person, but he was always available to listen and help on any situation that required his attention. So, a big thanks to Karsten for all his enthusiasm, effort and hard work he put on making SE what it is today. Thank you Karsten!

Bob and All,

As you can imagine, the last few weeks have been pretty crazy for me, so I didn't get a chance to check in with this community.  But I recently talked to Bill McClure who told me to have a look...  

Well, I must say, I am really quite moved by this very special "Mileti moment" and all the comments.  So thank you very much to all of you, not just for the comments, but for all the passion you have, which has made the job at Solid Edge so very special to me these last few years.

It certainly wasn't an easy decision for me to leave this community and Siemens, but I will always feel part of it. I know you also have a great Solid Edge team that will keep pushing the product and the business in the name of all of you, our users!

Keep growing the Solid Edge community!

All the best,

Karsten

p.S.:  Just so you know, Bob's daughter is already pushing me to improve things at Gerber.  Turns out her company doesn't just use Solid Edge, but also AccuMark (for their seat design).  Bob, you can be proud!  I guess I can't shake the Miletis. ;-)