The Add/Cut function in the Extrude window is grayed out. How can I activate it?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

The Add/Cut function in the Extrude window is grayed out.  How can I activate it?

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES

Re: The Add/Cut function in the Extrude window is grayed out. How can I activate it?

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

That option is grayed out until you have 3D geometry in your part because obviously you can't do a cut when there's nothing there to cut from. Once you have something modeled, then you have the option to choose to do an add or cut. 

Re: The Add/Cut function in the Extrude window is grayed out. How can I activate it?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello,

I do have a 3D geometry that I'm trying to extrude holes through, however, the Add/Cut button is grayed out as you can see below. This just started happening today. In the past I was able to draw a sketch on a surface and use the drawn pattern to remove or add material.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D1709B.4CA441D0]

Thanks,

Phenom
Phenom

I agree with Ben though the image is not visible.

Do you only have surfaces ? In that you may want to project the sketch on to the surface and trim it.

What Ben means is 3D Solid geometry is required for the Add/Cut button to be enabled.