The magic of Synchronous

Legend
Legend

Picture a customer that demands a Dual bracket for (several) vibration switches...  a bracket that is done in Solid Edge Sheetmetal.. 

Watch our standard bracket transforming from single mount to dual mount within approx. 30 seconds.... and then image how much time that would have taken in ordered mode.. or in SW or Inventor..

This made me smiling a few minutes ago and I would like to share this.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy year to all of you.

Jan Bos

Solid Edge user since V3.5 and beta tester for ST10

Emmen, The Netherlands

(view in My Videos)

10 REPLIES

Betreff: The magic of Synchonous

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Jan_Bos

let me say "Thank You" for the same smile You brought onto my lips with this video
and with Your statement for Sync

I hope that we can bring more of this Sync "lights" to screen in the "New Year 2017!"

Also a

"Merry and peaceful Christmas and Happy New Year 2017!"

to all Edgers and to this community

Smiley Happy

regards
Wolfgang

Re: The magic of Synchonous

Phenom
Phenom

@Jan_Bos perfect! This is what (we) I like in synch and competitors hate! Smiley Wink

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

I would love to use Sync, but there are things I have yet to figure out how to do in sync so I stay away from it.

Attached is a very simple example. How would you create this from scratch in sync?

The goal is a single angled cut (in the flat) including how it goes around the corners. In that way, the part is easy to make with a punch. The term I use for it is "crisp" flat patterns.

The attached part is not practicaly useful. But it does get right to one of my general problems.

Legend
Legend

Here is what I would do. Did have to switch over to ordered to do the unbend.

Didn't fully constrain anything, was working quick.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Legend
Legend

then I just made one that was more like what you did from the start.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Legend
Legend

I just realized there is no way you could know what I did to make this in synch. Drew the flat profile. Made it into a tab. Drew my lines to bend on the tab. Then used bend and selected the line, chose the side to move, hit enter, rinse and repeat for the next bend.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Phenom
Phenom

If I need to use mixed mode to do anything in sheet metal, using a mixture of Sync and Ordered sounds much more complicated than sticking to just ordered. 

My question was how to create the simple part using nothing by sync, apperantly the answer is "you cant". I consider that  a VERY simple part. Once a cut is needed that goes across a bend, sync cany be used by it's self to create the feature. I have half a dozzen other specifics w/ sheet metal design that can't be done w/ sync. almost all of it relates to the flat pattern size and shape. There are no flat pattern controls w/ Sync. 

Legend
Legend

@12GAGEI made the second model I attached entirely in synchronous. I don't like how i did it however. I don't like drawing the part flat and then bending it. But it was done entirely in synch.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Legend
Legend

12GAGE wrote:

If I need to use mixed mode to do anything in sheet metal, using a mixture of Sync and Ordered sounds much more complicated than sticking to just ordered. 

My question was how to create the simple part using nothing by sync, apperantly the answer is "you cant". I consider that  a VERY simple part. Once a cut is needed that goes across a bend, sync cany be used by it's self to create the feature. I have half a dozzen other specifics w/ sheet metal design that can't be done w/ sync. almost all of it relates to the flat pattern size and shape. There are no flat pattern controls w/ Sync. 

The main reason I don't use sync is that it cannot do lofted flanges. If it can't do lofted flanges what's the point in learning it at this stage because I do lofted flanges all the time. Every job almost has at least one. Doesn't make much sense doing everything else in sync, which I don't know very well, when ordered does it in a more controlled fashion and does it all completely.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"