Thermal deformation: calculation with FEM (thermal module)

Experimenter
Experimenter

I need to calculate the new diameter of a ring, after its change of temperature.

I try to do this with Simulation module apply "Body temperature" and "temperature load.

After that SE ask me for the constraint.

Could be correct to assign the internal diameter of the ring?

Is there another way to reach the objective that i need (calculation of new dimensio after thermal load)?

Many thank in advance for you collaboration.

Giambattista Castelli

3 REPLIES

Re: Thermal deformation: calculation with FEM (thermal module)

Phenom
Phenom

If you have under 2000 hours of FEA experience, I would do something like that manually. Unless you are trying to get the 2000 hours under your belt. To solve the problem, just do the math in a spreadsheet.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom
I'd have to agree with @12GAGE on this one. Although this forum is designed to help with software issues, that problem is one that can be solved with closed form analytical tools. I'd recommend paper and pencil or a mathematical software tool like Mathcad or Maple.

Unless, of course, the ring is not just a ring but is actually some very complex geometry, then FEA is the right tool for the job.

Experimenter
Experimenter
"Unless, of course, the ring is not just a ring but is actually some very complex geometry, then FEA is the right tool for the job."
You are a man with experience..this is my case and the job its done to check what happend in every parts of geometry (some diameter are small, some big)..
Thanks