Title Block Material Thickness

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I have my title block auto populating the material thickness currently for sheetmetal parts.

Can I do the same for parts that are not drawn as sheetmetal?

5 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Title Block Material Thickness

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Not without using (parts list display) custom variable and assigning a custom variables to each part.

I assume you are use the gage excel spreadsheet to show the gage of sheet mteal.

Custom variables are not that bad to use. I only have two that I use commonly.

L = cut length for parts that are not sheet metal or frame members.

For this case, I just assign L as the exposed variable name. Often L is a renamed protrusion length.

SHAPE = The description of the cross section for section used as frame members or extruded parts. Examples include: SQ TUBE 4x3x3/16 CS, ANGLE 2x2x1/8 CS

In this case, I actually define the custom variable in each file used to create frame members.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You can, but you would have to expose as a property the variable defining the thickness and then use that in a Property Text annotation.  Ideally you would set this exposed variable up in your part template and then during each model creation you would create a formula to equate it to the dimension defining the thickness.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

We are over thinking this. If you use the sheet metal gage XLS table that can be displayed easy.

Attached is an example of my parts list

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@12GAGE  Read the OP: "Can I do the same for parts that are not drawn as sheetmetal?"

I don't see how your sample drawing explains anything.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Your right. Custom variables is the only way. 

I would add a colum for the variable T. Then add a PMI renamed & exposed to T for each part.

You can reuse a colume for this like the sheet metal gage column