Title Block Material Thickness

Hi,

I have my title block auto populating the material thickness currently for sheetmetal parts.

Can I do the same for parts that are not drawn as sheetmetal?

5 REPLIES

Re: Title Block Material Thickness

Not without using (parts list display) custom variable and assigning a custom variables to each part.

I assume you are use the gage excel spreadsheet to show the gage of sheet mteal.

Custom variables are not that bad to use. I only have two that I use commonly.

L = cut length for parts that are not sheet metal or frame members.

For this case, I just assign L as the exposed variable name. Often L is a renamed protrusion length.

SHAPE = The description of the cross section for section used as frame members or extruded parts. Examples include: SQ TUBE 4x3x3/16 CS, ANGLE 2x2x1/8 CS

In this case, I actually define the custom variable in each file used to create frame members.

You can, but you would have to expose as a property the variable defining the thickness and then use that in a Property Text annotation.  Ideally you would set this exposed variable up in your part template and then during each model creation you would create a formula to equate it to the dimension defining the thickness.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

[ Edited ]

We are over thinking this. If you use the sheet metal gage XLS table that can be displayed easy.

Attached is an example of my parts list

@12GAGE  Read the OP: "Can I do the same for parts that are not drawn as sheetmetal?"

I don't see how your sample drawing explains anything.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Your right. Custom variables is the only way. 

I would add a colum for the variable T. Then add a PMI renamed & exposed to T for each part.

You can reuse a colume for this like the sheet metal gage column