Title Block Template BOM Table Not Working

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I recently made some drawing templates for the engineering office. We have two types of template;

1. Assembly drawings that have the drawing and BOM table on the first sheet with the drawing.

2. Spares drawing that has the drawing on the first sheet and the BOM table on the second sheet.

It was all working perfectly fine a few months ago. Now when I go to use it the BOM tables are not working for me. They are working ofr other people in the office.

1. Assembly drawing - I place the model in the drawing, select parts list, select model and the balloons populate but the table does not show.

2. Spares drawing - I place the model in the drawing, select parts list, select model and the balloons populate but the second sheet does not get created and the table does not show.

On another note I have my balloons set in my template as shown. When other users balloon they get the split balloon (item # & qauntity).

How do I set it so all users get the balloons I want?

Is there a way to have the BOM table properties be set in the template? Currently users have to open an old drawing and then save the BOM table so they cna use it in the future. A real pain in the A.

5 REPLIES

Re: Title Block Template BOM Table Not Working

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't really follow what you're doing with the templates but there is a save function on the general tab of BOM properties where you can save settings for future use. You can also change existing parts lists.

Custom BOM styles are generally saved in c:\program files\solid edge\templates\reports\draftlist.txt. In our case we have this file on a server which everyone's machine points to.

The balloon style, I believe, will be the last type used before saving your draft template. I have balloon styles set up so it's easy to select or change a balloon type to one of the few we often use.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Betreff: Title Block Template BOM Table Not Working

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

HI @RF

I also don't understand Your request i complete.

Using an existing BOM from a template IMHO only works well if the template is a "QuickSheet" Template.

There is a connection between views, detail, sections, lists.

But a standard template with a BOM table in it, I think this will not work as it should.

And as bshand already has menitoned, the complete BOM definition is saved wihin the *.txt files witihn the reports folder

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator
I have sorted the balloon issue for other users now by looking at the code in the draftlist. Thank you.

Everyone elses BOM table and ballooning is working correctly now except mine.
When I select the part list button it will balloon the part but doesn't place the BOM table still.
My coding of draftlist is the same as everyone elses.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Is the indicated button on?

placebom.PNG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Creator
Creator

Bingo

Thank you so much the was really annoying me.