Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Title Blocks

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I had to use the "scaled formats" as a few companies. Always hated printing at different scales than what was intended. Some think this is a work around for ISO compliance because electronically, they satisfy the requirements. On real paper, it does not.

I have found the following to be the best practical way to work:

3/32" text is the smallest easily readable text for an everage person under 40 wo/ glasses.

I don't allow undersized text from that (superscrips, fine print, Fraction, etc.....The minimum text size IS the text size.....(Period)

Now that monitors can display a full size 11X17 image. you can look at exactly what the user does on the monitor.

Welders will hate you if you give them text any smaller. Trees and draftsmen will hate you if the text is any larger for A size drawing.

Draft as the program intended.

Shrink plots bring up all kinds of new issues with readability, lineweights, scaling, etc....I avoid it at all costs.

Highlighted

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@12GAGE

"One related trick to title block is to add a circle to 0,0. Then take the border relative to that for absolute position control. A circle is the ONLY object that can have a controlled location on the title block pages."

I don't follow. You could also use a point, or a line endpoint.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Then I learned something, Thank you. From another thread I thought a circle was the only object that could have a controlled location on the title block page. Once I found a solution to my problem (locating the border relative to the edge of paper) I didn't look further.