Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

To update cutout made using inter-part copy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In assembly file I am trying to make holes on part (say "A") using inter part copy of a part already having drilled holes (say "B") 

1.JPG

2.JPG

I am able to generate hole in the part "A" but what I actually want is that when I change the position of holes in the part "B", the location of holes generated in part "A" should also change. What is happening write now is that position of inter-part copy does changes but the holes generated by them (using construction bodies whose skecth is made by using holes boundary) does not. 

I have also attached the files below

So please let me know how to do it

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: To update cutout made using inter-part copy

Phenom
Phenom

Typically if I am creating a part with links to another, I would make this an ordered part rather than synchronous. Part of the synchronous philosophy is to remove links as these typically cause feature failures when editing.

Therefore I would create an ordered part, do interpart copies of the relevant geometry, and use these to create ordered features which will update automatically as you wish.

The alternative method using sync, is to not use interpart copies at all, but to turn on face select in the assembly and select and move the faces in both parts simultaneously. This way everything still 'fits' but you do not have links.

Re: To update cutout made using inter-part copy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Alex_H

I did as you told and it updates precisely when parts are made in Ordered.

I also tried to make parts in Synchronous and make features (that I want to replicate on another part) in Ordered and then make inter part copies of those feature also in Ordered; and it turned to be success.

Thanks a lot for you feedback