Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle Display

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Toggle display is used to see the hidden parts and to make them visible by clicking on them, which is a great option provided. But when there are visible components overlapping the hidden components it becomes difficult to click on the hidden components to make them visible(using quick pick in case of overlappings)

The problem I face is that the visible components are still there on the screen during the toggle display command.

So is there a way to make the visible components dissappear during the toggle display command

8 REPLIES

Re: Toggle Display

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hello @Shiv_Madan

There is little that can be done if visible parts are coming in way of hidden ones even during Toggle Display.

I'd suggest using configurations to setup display states.

Genius
Genius

Hi

Tushar, doesn't this request link in to the previous topic "Show Hidden Components", where you suggested the macro from Cadvertex (that didn't work for me)?

585 ST10 Win 7

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

In that case the Toggle Display command is working as designed.

And I always wanted to state this regarding the macro (CADVertex is also my website):

"If toggling display, involving actual hiding/showing parts, was such an easy task, it would have already made it to Solid Edge"

The current functionality offered by the Toggle Display command seems to be making use of some kind of lightweight graphics overlay to give the impression of hiding/showing the parts and which I think is a very practically useful solution, compared to the macro which attempts to actually hide/show a component leading to huge load on the graphics system.

Genius
Genius

Hi Tushar

I hadn't realised Cadvertex is your website. I agree that Toggle Display is a very useful command and I use it a lot. Regarding your macro, it would be a nice addition. I occasionaly use Catia V5 and this has Swap Visible Space command which flips between showing the shown and hidden components and this functionality can be useful. I haven't done any programming in recent years, so have no idea how complex these things are, but I do greatly appreciate all the work you put in to Edge and the community.

585 ST10 Win 7

Betreff: Toggle Display

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Shiv_Madan

just search for another post approx. 2 weeks ago, where a method was shown using a query followed by an isolate.

This IMHO at the moment ist the best and fastest way to achieve what You want.

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad, if you manage to remember what that was please post it.

Edit: nevermind. I figured out the query but where's the isolate command?

Wow. Nevermind that too.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi @bshand

You will have this function on RMB in assembly, whenever You have select at least one component (part)

I have defined a keyboard shortcut for that to speed it up

(Alt+i)

Maybe You can post the link to the original post for other users looking for the same.

regards
Wolfgang

I didn't find the link but I reproduced the query.

QueryIsolate.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200