Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Total quantity number in drawing of single part

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

With sheet metal, this can get very complex and have given up trying to automate item number and quantities using variables.

The real complexity relates to the quantities of flats vs. bent. I frequently have three of of the same flat bent three different ways. So the quantity of the flat is three, but three unique parts when complete. It is also common to have two flats bent in mirror. one flat, two part in that case.

As a result of all of this. I just manually give the quantities of flats, and list what finished items they cover. Each finished part gets a line item in the parts list even when multiple use the same flat.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

That's essentially what I was thinking, Wolfgang, but more simply.

Production quantities are best defined in the Bill of Materials, not the drawing face.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank to everybody for answer.

After Yours suggestions I decided to attach  bill of materials  to all single drawings to produce orders

We are a small company ( only one SE license).

I make designing job  and also I'am ordering departament in one person.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

One thing I started doing recently was creating multiple drafts from a single assembly file. I avoided this until the ST9 update of revision manager to design manager. Now I can easily create a copy of a single assembly with multiple drafts. Each drawing has it's own Parts list, and the assembly calls out all those other drawings.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Could you explain it again?
It's not clear for me.
Meybe some example. Short video?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

What specifically are you trying to understand?

Pioneer
Pioneer
Why are You creating a copy of a single assembly with multiple drafts.?
Sorry for question but i work with SE a few weeks

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Because the individual parts may or may not need to be drafted. The design I do that with is a drawer pack.

Sometimes the side are the same as a previous project, Sometime the top is the same as a previous project, etc.....

After I do the sizing, I may only need to print some of the parts as the other parts already have drawings and don't need to be turned into PDF's again.

So in general, it's a method of reusing existing drawing.