Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Trajectory

Creator
Creator

So thank you I will try

And my project is a scrapper and he has to scrape the corridor and on the front, he has two arms who maked 1,85 meters, so on my draw the blue line is when he is open arms and the red trajectory is when it has close arms, the yellow trajectory are the wheel of my scrapper. And when he steps back with closed arms, he has a high overhang and i want to move my square on the trajectory with the arms so like this i will ssee this overhang and if it shoots on the wall or not. 

I will try to represent my project with a circle and i will see.

Thank you for your answer.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Louis

Attached is a quick model with a profile group and a small square with a connect relationship to the blue line

Use the select tool and select the square ( its a group, so click anywhere on the square ) now try dragging it anywhere along the line. You should see the square stay connected to the blue line even around the corners.

If this is the sort of thing you are trying to do then we can experiment in a bit more detail

Cheers

Pete

Creator
Creator

Hi Pete, really thank you for your work. 

It's that i look for but do you know if this square could turn when he follows the line ? So i reach to follow the line but

I want to see where are going the arms of the scrapper. The arms could they turn in the same time than the circle. I don't know if i am understandable but it's really nice to you to help me. 

Louis

itourner.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Louis

I understand exactly want you are trying to achieve.

I tried a few different things and i can't get the square to rotate around the corner using the profile group.

All I could do was create a group of the scrapper elements and make a few copies of the group, then move each copy to a point on the trajectory and rotate it until it was tangent to the path.

Quite cumbersome, but will give you an idea if a interference is likely.

Good Luck

Pete

Highlighted

Creator
Creator

Thank you for all Pete.