Creator

Hi Pete, in which part of help is it ? because I don't find this option 

However it is that i look for 

Thank you for your reply

Louis

Re: Trajectory

Creator
Creator

Hi Matt, I reach to use the symetrical offset but on your picture you have a middle line that I don't have on my software. Do you know how i could have this middle line please ? This line is important for my project.

Thank you very much Sans titre.png

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@olibast, I created the "middle line" arcs in my sketch that was used for the offset...   so the center line I believe you refer to is the geometry from which I created the offset from.

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Creator
Creator

Ok so when i draw the line in black on the middle of my corridors, after on your picture you have arcs in blue, it's you how make them before make the offset ?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

correct

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Louis

Sorry I didnt reply earlier, lost my broadband connection Smiley Sad

Hope you got it sorted

Attached ( hopefully ) is an extract of the help files for profile groupsCapture.JPG

Creator
Creator

No problem, it's nice for you to help me

in which part of help do you find this ? i can't read on your picture it's to small

Creator
Creator

Ok i find the option but i don't understand how it works, i put a point of my objesct on a line and he is fixed on him but nothing moved

Creator
Creator

@pgw200, Do you know if i can make take the blue trajectory by the middle of my square, could it take the turn ? If yes it would be nice to say how i could put her on the trajectory and how he will turn. Thanks

mirobot.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Louis

With a profile group you could create your path ( it will need to be endpoint connected ) then draw a circle and apply a relationship between the circle and the path. You could make the relationship a tangent or for your case maybe the centre point on the path would be better.

Then if you move the circle either by dragging it or changing some other relationship then the circle will follow the path.

I wouldnt advise using points for lots of reasons. You will probably have more success using a circle instead. Then apply relationships and dimensions to the centre of the circle. Points have a function in solid edge which I almost never make use of, so read up on them in help before using points. If you don't want to see the circle you can place it on auto hide layer or some other layer.

I would recommend starting a new drawing and using the example in the help, create any profile group and have a play around to see how it works and if it will apply to your project.

I had a look at your example and wasn't sure exactly what you are trying to achieve.