Transfer part to assembly and keep same place in tree and is not grounded in new assembly

Hello,

I frequently transfer sheet metal parts to new subassemblies when I add PEM hardware.  When I do this two undesireable things happen:

1.  The new assembly gets moved to the bottom of the tree and I have to drag it back up to where it was.

2.  In the new assembly, no parts are grounded.  If I move a single sheet metal piece to a new assebmly, I have to manually ground it before placing any PEM hardware.  If I don't the first piece flips all over the place.

I would like SE to keep the new assembly where the first part was located and automatically ground the first part in the new asembly.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
3 REPLIES

Re: Transfer part to assembly and keep same place in tree and is not grounded in new assembly

Does this not work?

Re: Transfer part to assembly and keep same place in tree and is not grounded in new assembly

"I would like SE to keep the new assembly where the first part was located"

You mean in the pathfinder, right, @kjoiner?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Bruce,

Yes, I would like to keep the new subassembly at the same location in the pathfinder.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1