Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble to fill some small gap for surface design

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

Hi Expert,

Have you have some situation where you want to stitch the surface but there is a unconsistent gap between the surface?

I have try to make a maximum tolerance when to stitch but failed.

Seems like I need to manually joint each surface before stitch. Any idea how to do it in Solid Edge?

Refer image : inside the red circle is where the gap is. 

ST10 MP5

3 REPLIES

Betreff: Trouble to fill some small gap for surface design

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Arisy

instead of stitching two surfaces, can You try to create a new blue surf between two not neighbourt surfaces (faces 1 and 3, to build a new face 2)

A stitching will change the facres too, so that a new fill face is not to different but fills the gap.

Would be worth for a try.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Trouble to fill some small gap for surface design

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Looks to me like you have enough there to get some new profile sketches and guide curves and rebuild the entire thing as a single Blue Surf. 

I think this would be my 1st approach...   this would allow you to nominalize your profiles as well.

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Re: Trouble to fill some small gap for surface design

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder
Hi,

Thanks for the respond.

Actually this one is using reverse engineering where I split the facet body into few split surface so I can patch/create a surface on it. After done the surface and trim/intersect or so called modified the surface I get this as final result and facing issue to stitch it. I get the final shape from the stl file but facing issue to stitch and turn into parasolid.

Alternatively I also split the stl file into few body and get the intersection curve of the stl file and combine it using BlueSurf method and it's success. But this method only can apply if I have a stl model like arm,leg or bone. I will face issue if the model is not cylindrical shape. Maybe I'm wrong, I also not too sure.