Troubles editing Material.mtl file

Genius
Genius

Okay like most of you already know I'm still on ST6.

And I wanted to change my material database. (I know you can do it in SE but I have a lot of new materials I want to add.)

But when I start the program I get  an error message stating the following

System io filenotfoundexception....? also a message about language neutral or something like that...

I have been following the instructions like described and also did a search on the net for a solution.

but did not find a thing to help me any further.

So I'm really hoping that there is still someone working with ST6 and does know the answer to my questions.

I have turned off all plugins like grabcad,Simlab,etc... like they stated on this website (http://www.cad-helpdesk.de/solid-edge/warum-lasst-sich-der-materialtabellen-editor-nicht-offnen.html), but without any luck.

Any help would be appreciated

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user
3 REPLIES

Betreff: Troubles editing Material.mtl file

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Dirk,

as I can remember there was a macro to export the MTL to an excel spreadsheet, changing that and reimport it back to SE.

The intermediate file is created under c:\temp

So take care that this directory does exist, and You have write permissions to it.

Also an appropriate Excel version must be installed on Your PC.

Hope this was the reason for the error message.

regards
Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

Wolfgang the only macro that I know of is the one that you can find in the custom folder of SE.

This is the one that's making troubles

Xedu-2016-10-08-N°03.png

And like you can see my Temp dir is on E:\ and I have full control because I have administrator rights.

I also have an excel 2007 installed like described in the readme file.

I was just thinking,someone made a macro that could do the same I believe...hmmm. Who?

Anyway If you have any other ideas...always welcome but thanks already

How do they do it in the newer versions of SE ? I have seen it's something similar like autodesk inventor

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Dirk,

with beginning of ST7 there is no further need for that macro  since the export/import to/from excel is an internal functionality of SE.

And it works well.

regards
Wolfgang