Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make a PMI view and show dimensions

Phenom
Phenom

We just created a PMI model view so we could then show the dimensions in an ISO view on the drawing, went smoothly except we're getting these lines extending from the projection lines and I don't know how to remedy this. I don't know where these are attached to as these dims were made with the plane on this front face taht the holes are on.

plenum.JPG

plenum 2.PNG

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
4 REPLIES

Re: Trying to make a PMI view and show dimensions

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Seems pretty funky. Seems like they're going to a sketch that was on a base plane.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Betreff: Trying to make a PMI view and show dimensions

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @nominus38

besides the fact that the answer is hard without having that data let me say, that You can create such dimensins in a drawing view only without the need of building a PMI view first.

But it should be possible anyway

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

@hawcadYes I am aware, though it becomes rather tough with the radius'd sheet metal, and being able to select edges that you cannot actually see in the iso view. This is why Tuck was trying to place them in the model view and pull it into the drawing.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Phenom
Phenom

Finally had time to go and try this myself and I ended up with the same issue as he did. I recorded a vid below (hopefully) that shows what is happening with this. I notice that when i move the dimensions up the line disappears after the dim is above the bottom flange of the plenum.

(view in My Videos)

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"