Twisted embossing on bottole surface.

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

I want to create twisted embossing on a bottle surface for grip purpose. Please find the attachment for the reference.

3 REPLIES

Re: Twisted embossing on bottole surface.

MLombard
Retired

As a surfacing guy, here's what I would do. I'd trim out a flat surface that matches the emboss that you want to create. You might have to do this from two separate surface bodies to get a front and a back. There are several methods for doing this, but just do what works for you. You could even just do it once then mirror/pattern to get all you need.

Thicken the surface. I'd actually thicken it on both sides. If you leave it perfectly flush on the outside, you might run into some problems due to tolerances. So thicken it on the outside as well, to avoid problems. Then subtract the thickened strip from the bottle solid. Apply rounds after the subtract, and then thin wall as appropriate.

If you need more detailed info, let me know.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Thank you for the kind reply sir. as i am new to surfacing can you just elaborate on trimming the flat surface and also about subtracting the thickened strip from the bottle solid or can you just tell me the steps to follow.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Matt is right! There are many ways to do what you want.

Here is an example what is based on your model (this is a typical hibryd modeling):

But you can use surface modeling technic to create the shape and after this you can add a thickness to bottle.

I hope this will help!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/