UNDO not working

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

ST7 MP6

I'm having a few issues in assembly with UNDO being greyed out. I've just mistakenly deleted a part from the assy realised the error went to press undo and its greyed out! I'm also seeing this in the part environment. EG I moved a part across to sync and tried undo this change only to see the button greyed out again and unusable.

Graham

7 REPLIES

Re: UNDO not working

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Graham,

if you've saved the document at any time all your previous moves will be saved with it and the ability to undo will be gone and the button will be greyed out.  Is it possible this has happened?

Frank

Edinburgh University

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Frank

I understand that regarding the Save but I can assure you that I hadn't hit the save button. The part was deleted (mistakingly) and I went to hit the undo straight away but it greyed out. It also did this in the part environment whilst we were doing an online demo and converted a part to syncronous,  again the undo feature failed when we went to change it back to a normal part; witnessed this time Smiley Happy

G

PLM World Member Legend
is autosave set to on in Options? I know it's a long shot but this did cause me problems at one time.

Frank
Edinburgh University

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes it is set to autosave.

G

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

We need to request that Autosave and Undo don't interact. Only manual saves should eliminates the undo availability.

PLM World Member Legend

If you use Autosave there are two main options. From what I remember:

Ticking 'Saving all documents every X minutes' WILL delete the UNDO steps.

Ticking 'Creating uniquely named backup copies of unsaved documents every X minutes' WON'T delete the UNDO steps.

HTH 

Frank

Autosave.png 

Edinburgh University

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

12GAGE wrote:

We need to request that Autosave and Undo don't interact. Only manual saves should eliminates the undo availability.

A save is a save, it doesn't make a difference if it's automatic or manual. The same processing that clears the Undo stack occurs in both since it is the same process. As pointed out, the option to save as a unique document would be the route to go if you want to use Autosave without interacting with Undo.