Un-zipping Solid Edge installer exe files.

I wish to unzip the self-extracting executable Solid Edge installer files to a networked location so that users do not have to go through the palava of waiting for the things to extract when installing.  I have tried using JZip but it complains that the format is not compatible.  I have tried 7Zip but it just sits there and hangs.  I have done it before with ST8 but it was so long ago I'm dammned if I can remember what I did!  I thought I used JZip but no dice this time around.  I am sure this is a common thing to do - can anybody please enlighten me.

4 REPLIES

Re: Un-zipping Solid Edge installer exe files.

I have used 7zip and WinRar in the past. I have not tried either of those with ST9 yet.

7zip was the one that worked best for me with ST8.

Re: Un-zipping Solid Edge installer exe files.

[ Edited ]

Hi @chrisstandring,

I had no issue running the extraction using 7zip.....ran straight away.

Are you running it on your local drive, or the network?

EDIT: just tested it, and both local & network exe's run the extraction the same, for me.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Betreff: Un-zipping Solid Edge installer exe files.

Hi,

I'm using 7zip for years and never had any problems with it.

And so there also was no issue with ST9 extracting to a network drive.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Un-zipping Solid Edge installer exe files.

I tried 7-Zip again and it worked this time.  I used the Extract Here command and it worked.  Last time I opened the archive directly within 7-Zip and it just hung.  I did have to do it locally as there was not enough room on the network to do it all there.  I think McAfee was interfering before so I turned it off.