Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the remote server

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everybody

Whan I'am opening any SE file I get message: " Unable to connect to the remote server"

Normally Se  opens singel files in a few seconds. When I get this message it takes about 20-30 seconds

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Unable to connect to the remote server

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SUCHY

can You see those files with the file explorer?

Can You double click them there?

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Unable to connect to the remote server

Builder
Builder

This might not be the place to do this but is it information to know when you need it to help isolate problems for any computer problems with connections.

First open a command window on the computer and make sure you are running as administrator.

Ping 127.0.0.1

type ipconfig and look for default gateway, this is your router. 

ping the router.

then ping a web site such as www.yahoo.com or www.hotmail.com or whatever you like.

you should be getting a dialog that tells you that you have a % loss, which should be 0.

If this is the case, then there is a problem with the remote server, maybe needs to be power shut down and restarted (hardboot)

If you have a loss in 127.0.0.1, then you have a problem with the computer making the connection.

If you have a loss in the router ping, then there is a connection issue such as a dirty connection, broken line, modem/router is off, dirty port on modem/router.

The more that you know.....

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello

I see that problem is always whan internet connection is broken.

Does it mean that I can not work normally in SE without internet connection.?

What to do if I have not internet connection.

Builder
Builder

that depends on where the internet connection is broken at.

Like i said in the above mentioned.

If the problem is when you ping 127.0.0.1, then your computer needs repair

if the problem is when you ping your router, then you need to check your router (maybe it needs a power cycle, resetting of the dns cache), dirty connection if wired between you and your router, bad port on the router, or bad router.

If the problem is when you ping a website, then there is a problem between you and your isp. 

maybe your isp is having problems on their side, maintenance on their routers and such.

Now for a somewhat work around or a temp fix. 

There is a word of caution here because I do not know on how your network tree is setup.  There are many variables. 

You might want to also get in touch with the other workers and explain of what is happening and come up with a collective solution.

You might need to make a copy folder without damaging the original files and copy those files that you need to work on so that you can work on them remotely without using internet services. 

You can work still work with SE, the only thing is that if your files are stored remotely, you will not be able to get to them.