Unable to include

Hello,

I have a strange situation where I am unable to include any lines from a part in the upper levels.

the screenshot is in a sketch in a part created in place and the blue part is in the assembly, I can not select any edges with the include command but I can select the sketch, the part is activated.

What is strange is the blue color, it should be gray.

11 REPLIES

Re: Unable to include

[ Edited ]

Hello Norbert,

I think if you enable "Peers" command for edge locate in Sketch env. , it will work.

See pic:

Peers.png

Ota

sadly that isn't it, I still think it has something to do with how the upper level part is displayed but I don't know what it is.

Can you provide a sample of your asembly and part?

There is the whole assembly

the problem seems to be once you are in edit mode in the part with the name 100000143930_sep_000

Thanks for asm.

I am able to include any geometry, so there should be something different on your system.

My suggestions: I have ST9 with latest MP, according to file prop. of your files you have ST8 with no MP. Do you have a chance to upgrade SE to latest release or at least can you instal latest MP for ST8? It is possible that there were a some small bugs in initial release of ST8.

Ota

the problem is if I make a new assembly with a new part created in place it works, sadly I have no possibility of an upgrade now

[ Edited ]

Ok, then I would suggest upgrading ST8 to latest MP when you will have a chance.

Ota

Are the parts active?

yes they are