Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unload parts when in assembly

Innovator
Innovator

I am unable to utilize the "Unload Parts" command.  When I try to execute the command I get a message that says "Parts cannot be activated or unloaded until they have been saved".  Problem is, all parts have been saved at that point.  And all have been hidden except 2.  I have tried this on small assemblies as well as large assemblies.  I get the same message each time.  I asked 5 of our designers in my department to try it out on their workstations and they get the same result.  It's almost as if its broken.  We are all using ST10, maintenance pack 10, all running Win10 and are using BIDM.  Anyone experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Brian C.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unable to unload parts when in assembly

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@BrianC Just tested this with SE 2019 MP4 on Windows 10 and not having an issue.  Works as expected.

Local files using BiDM...  Are your files local, network share, OneDrive, etc...?

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Innovator
Innovator

@KennyG , 

The files are all stored on a server that is physically located here in our building.   

Brian C.

@BrianC I just tested on our Windows Server and it worked there without issue.  You mentioned ST10 MP10.  Might try installing MP12 and seeing if that eliminates the issue.  If not, then you may need to employ your VAR/GTAC to diagnose.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Maybe it goes without saying or maybe the OP already did but I always do a reboot of my workstation before anything else in cases like this.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Innovator
Innovator

@KennyG ,

I contacted our VAR for support regarding this issue.  I don't think there is anything else I can do on our end without some additional help.

Thank you for taking the time to test it out on your end!  Greatly appreciated.

Brian C.

Innovator
Innovator

@bshand ,

Its the first thing we do when we run into a problem.  We also clear our temp directories.  Unfortunately it had no affect on the issue.

Thanks for the feedback Bruce!

Brian C.