Unlocking a view does not always work from the Ribbon.

[ Edited ]

Solid Edge has this wonderful feature that allows you to lock the position of a drawing view in a draft.  You select the drawing view and click the lock view button on the ribbon.  So far so good.  What I have noticed is that sometimes when I want to unlock a drawing view to move it, the unlock button on the ribbon does not always work.  I am then forced to go into the view properties dialog box and un-check the locked view check box.  That makes me a bit grumpy after a while.  It seems to crop up often when there are several views I want to un-lock at the same time and I have them all selected - you know - to save time.  I thought at first maybe one view was already unlocked and Solid Edge was getting its' mammary glands into a tangle but that has never been the case.  Maybe it is a bug?  Anybody else noticed this behaviour?  It's not a show-stopper work-wise (not mood-wise) but I am just curious.

1 REPLY

Re: Unlocking a view does not always work from the Ribbon.

I tried reproducing this issue in ST8 MP11 and ST9 MP5 with several views on multiple sheets from random models.

When I have few views which are locked and pick them along with some other which are un-locked, clicking on the Lock icon on the Command bar, locks the un-locked views as well. Realizing this, when I again click on the Lock icon on the Command bar, all selected views are un-locked.

If I carefully pick only those views which are locked, the icon on the command bar unlocked them properly.