Unlocking a view does not always work from the Ribbon.

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Solid Edge has this wonderful feature that allows you to lock the position of a drawing view in a draft.  You select the drawing view and click the lock view button on the ribbon.  So far so good.  What I have noticed is that sometimes when I want to unlock a drawing view to move it, the unlock button on the ribbon does not always work.  I am then forced to go into the view properties dialog box and un-check the locked view check box.  That makes me a bit grumpy after a while.  It seems to crop up often when there are several views I want to un-lock at the same time and I have them all selected - you know - to save time.  I thought at first maybe one view was already unlocked and Solid Edge was getting its' mammary glands into a tangle but that has never been the case.  Maybe it is a bug?  Anybody else noticed this behaviour?  It's not a show-stopper work-wise (not mood-wise) but I am just curious.

1 REPLY

Re: Unlocking a view does not always work from the Ribbon.

Phenom
Phenom

I tried reproducing this issue in ST8 MP11 and ST9 MP5 with several views on multiple sheets from random models.

When I have few views which are locked and pick them along with some other which are un-locked, clicking on the Lock icon on the Command bar, locks the un-locked views as well. Realizing this, when I again click on the Lock icon on the Command bar, all selected views are un-locked.

If I carefully pick only those views which are locked, the icon on the command bar unlocked them properly.