Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted add in assembly when selecting in pathfinder

Phenom
Phenom

It happens so often, specially when an assembly gets crowded, that selecting a component in assembly take a while and if I don't wait to move the mouse Solid Edge think I'm dragging it to add in in Assembly.

Since I NEVER want to drag a component from pathfinder to add a copy of it, is there a way to disable this behaviour ?

Thanks

13 REPLIES

Re: Unwanted add in assembly when selecting in pathfinder

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm wondering how you get it to add another copy of a part from the model tree (pathfinder). I would like to be able to do that.

Legend
Legend

"I'm wondering how you get it to add another copy of a part from the model tree (pathfinder). I would like to be able to do that."

If you drag a part from the model tree, it adds another to your assembly, ready to constrain. Click and hold down on the component, and drag out of the tree.

Legend
Legend

I just click on the part in the assembly tree, confirming I have the part I want. Holding the mouse button would move it, rather just highlight it by clicking on it.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just click on the part, hold it and drag.

Good Marketing makes the company look smart.
Great Marketing makes the customer feel smart.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Fiorini,

Because you can drag & drop a copy of the selected pathfinder entry [parts &/or assemblies] into the graphics area, I would assume your cursor moved while the model was selected.....the cursor must leave the pathfinder pane, crossing into the graphics area, even when set to gradient background, in order to perform the add function. [there is a glyph to show the action - a plus sign, showing the "addition"]

I didn't find a way to disable the functionality in Solid Edge Options though.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP2] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Genius
Genius

This is a long term bug unfortunately.  A real time waster.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I figured out the trick. If you drag into the background, it does not copy. But if drag on top of the assembly model (or close) then it does copy.

Phenom
Phenom

@RLR wrote:

This is a long term bug unfortunately.  A real time waster.

Any way to escalate it ? It makes me furios when you are in a rush.

There is an IR to push ?

Phenom
Phenom

@SeanCresswell wrote:

@Fiorini,

Because you can drag & drop a copy of the selected pathfinder entry [parts &/or assemblies] into the graphics area, I would assume your cursor moved while the model was selected.....the cursor must leave the pathfinder pane, crossing into the graphics area, even when set to gradient background, in order to perform the add function. [there is a glyph to show the action - a plus sign, showing the "addition"]

I didn't find a way to disable the functionality in Solid Edge Options though.

The problem is that to be "pane" you have to stay very firm when selecting.

I would assume the part is NOT duplicated until you are in the graphic area.

If it happens that the highlight of the part in the graphic area when selected takes more time than usual, Solid Edge thinks you still hold the mouse button, when it is totally not true.

Again this is a problem of real realease of the mouse and what Solid Edge think due to slow response of the user interface