Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update: Coming Soon to the Solid Edge Community

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Craig_Hwrote:

Not too sure aout the developer forum being integrated.. I can see it both ways, I currently rarely ever go there and don't want to see all of that "stuff" in the main forum, but I also know I could benefit from using some of the things many of the users create, I've just never got into using any macro's, custom codes or other "stuff", simply put, If it's not on any SE toolbar I don't know how to use it.  Lol

Same thoughts & reasoning here @Craig_HRobot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

AmyReyes1
Retired

Hi @SeanCresswell

Thanks for your feedback and for pointing that out! I am slightly embarassed to admit I didn't notice before now that the maintenance forum is private/not open to the general public. That certainly does change things. Smiley Happy

I will hold off on integrating those posts then, though that area does need to be retired due to a lack of activity. 

Thanks!

Amy

Community Manager, Solid Edge
Become a Solid Edge Certified pro today!

AmyReyes1
Retired

@bnemec - Unfortunately not! However, I would like to help you with that problem. I know you are not the only person who has experienced the issue of being logged out by your browser before. I am looking into it currently. 

Forgive the stupid question, but do you have the "Keep me signed in" box checked when you log in?
2018-03-15_10-47-45.jpg

Thanks,

Amy

@AmyReyes1  Please do not "retire" the Maintenance forum by removing it as it contains all posts from the previous system which contains a wealth of information that we would not want to lose.  Nobody needs to create new stuff in that forum but it should remain accessible to read to maintenance customers in whatever form you decide to use to store it.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

AmyReyes1
Retired

@KennyG Noted. Don't worry, I will not delete the posts!

In general, as a community, we make it a practice to never delete content as it always holds value for someone. Smiley Happy

@AmyReyes1 @bnemec I was having this problem a lot using the Edge browser and it seems it mysteriously resolved itself to only happening very occasionally.  I am on the bleeding edge of the Windows 10 Insider Preview program so it may have been a future Windows 10/Edge browser update that resolved the problem for me...

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Phenom
Phenom

I have checked the check box, but not every time I sign in.  Don't notice it working, the fields are usually blank.  I also noticed it a while back when it was discussed in another thread here.  That was on a different machine (Win7 and IE 11.0.9600.18894) and I was able to get a different browser to stick as default. 

I have since been moved to a surface pro 4 with Win 10.  Our in house ERP is web based and does not work at all on Edge.  Managed to get IE to be default and have pushed edge out, my browser is opened by a hyperlink 95% of the time so the default browser needs to work.  I would rather use a different browser, but I'm so tired of trying to change user settings and defaults from changing machines and automatic updates that I've given up fighting it.  I've reached a point that if it kind of works when I start it up in the morning I'll live with it, if it doesn't work I call IT and let them deal with it.  Speaking of bleeding edge, you're not kidding, I'm still bleeding from the wound from Fall Creators Update.  Did manage to get IT to adjust the group policy according to uk_dave's post, but it's too late now...

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/Let-s-talk-Windows-10-and-Feature-Up...

looks like I'm running IE 11.25116299.0  update versions: 11.0.51 (KB4074736)

->If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.
->If you have started a thread and a response solves the problem or answers the question you asked, then please mark it as solution. Note, there can be multiple solutions for a thread.

Phenom
Phenom

I remembered why I don't check the "remember me" box.  If I sign in with that checked, then sign out when I try to sign back in I get this:

Error 500--Internal Server Error

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

I must close IE to be able to sign in again.  Not a big deal because why would I manually sign out right?  But the check box never stays checked and it's just a click I don't bother with.  Apparenlty it "Remembers me" so well that it knows it doesn't want me to sign back in next time...

->If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.
->If you have started a thread and a response solves the problem or answers the question you asked, then please mark it as solution. Note, there can be multiple solutions for a thread.

AmyReyes1
Retired

Ok thank you for the additional info. Sounds pretty frustrating. Katie King and I are looking into this, and will hopefully have a solution for you soon! 

-Amy

Phenom
Phenom

@AmyReyes1wrote:

Sounds pretty frustrating.

Ah, I'm making it sound worse than it is.  Just been one of those days for the past couple of weeks.