I have an asm file with different views configured and a dft with some of this views. Then, I convert the asm to a step file and export the views configured with the cfg file.
After that I open the step file to convert it to asm and I import the cfg file. When I want to apply a configured view this error appears.
If I open the dft file, all views related to cfg are unlinked.
How can I do it so the cfg file will remember the views configured when converting the asm to step?
Or other option to preserve configured views and compress large files without using the Pack and Go command.
I've never tried what you're doing but are all the part names the same as the originals after you convert back to SE from Step?
It looks like maybe it doesn't recognize the names in the new assembly so the cfg fails. Perhaps it's because the SEDocID is different than the original. That can't be avoided.
But I don't understand what you are attempting to do. Why convert an SE assembly and draft to step and then convert them back to SE?
Because in this way you can send the information of the asm with a single file. The user sends it in step and the clients open it in asm.
If the client is using SE just zip the .cfg, .asm and .dft (pack and go) and send that. Seems like you're creating extra complexity for a simple problem.
I believe that if you did this manually you would also need to include all of the parts contained in the assembly as well as the assembly itself. The assembly is nothing but a container pointing to all of the files that make it up. The assembly by itself would not be any value and likely it would make the draft useless as well.
It seems like Pack and Go would be the solution here. It is fairly automatic and you can have all the files saved to a zip file.
We've had no end of problems with a supplier sending us parasolid and step files even though they are using Solid Edge.
All I would do is open the draft in rev manager and copy everything to a new folder.
Then zip it up and send it.
You can even maintain the folder structure if you just replace part of the destination path, rather than using 'set path' on everything, which flattens the folder structure.