Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating assembly level in ST10

Hi

here we have ST10.

And it is 3-4 days two of us have a problem we don't know come from where?

let say I have a plate with a hole in it, in assembly I have a coupling fully constrained on that hole.

now if I change the position of the hole in the plate and go to the assembly, coupling does not move. I should suppress constrain then by using Drag component move coupling a little bit, then un suppress constraint and update active level.

we never had these kinds of things even when we work with ST4 before, I don't know I should do something in setting or what? please if someone saw this problem and can help me? see attached if it can help

12 REPLIES

Re: Updating assembly level in ST10

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Maybe you could try "Alt-U". Or go to the tools ribbon and select update active level. Under that make sure "automatic update" is on. Although I often find that I have to force an update.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Genius
Genius
Have you tried using the Update all open documents thru the drop down list. Update active level does not always achieve the results i intend. I have had same items come up before just clicking the update active level. This may have something to do with if the part file that had the hole move is not saved yet. Until it is saved and the assembly sees the update the movement has to be manual. Hope this helps.
Cory M
Solid Edge ST10
ST10 Cert

Normally I always work the way that you described. but in this cases even doing updating parts do not move , I should kill constraint then move , then make constraint again.

Are all the parts involved in the constraint active in the assembly?

Bruce Shand

Yes

Do you delete the constraint and then move/redo or do you just suppress the constraint and then move/unsuppress?

Bruce Shand

suppress, then move a little bit then un suppress.
let say I have 5 coupling in 5 holes all constrained.
I suppress only one coupling then move that coupling a little bit then un suppresses it, then the things that happen everything goes to the right position including other 4 coupling.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

this would be a good model to submit to GTAC.  

I too have seen this behavior in the past.   sometimes Update all works,  most times not.

But the suppress, move, un-suppress seems to always work.

might I kindly ask that you submit this to GTAC  as it is often hard to find repeatable use cases... 

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Have you tried "alt-u"? Just wondering.

I second what @MattJohnson_PG suggested.

Bruce Shand