Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrading Software

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@hawcad, It doesn't seem to like Insight. It doesn't show network locations.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi @bshand

Yes this could be.

I'd never a chance to test it in an insight environement.

I thought that the UNC option allows the use of an insight share, doesn't it?

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad,  I don't know what you mean.

Bruce Shand

Hi @bshand

a couple of weeks ago i have added the UNC path line into the macro to allow the use of a network sheare rather than a drive letter.

And I thought that this could be the way to handle insight folder too

But as I can understand it will not do, isn't it?

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad  Is a network location considered a share? For example, and I imagine you know this, when we set up a pc for Insight use and to be able to see the sharepoint libraries we add network locations to "this pc" like \\sql\presite\prelib which would get a name like PreDL which would then show up in file explorer or SE open/save dialogs as a folder with the name PreDL. Anyway, those folders do not show up in your program.

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

Whilst I agree about the interface (much preferred the pre-ST interface), the only reason I'm apprehensive about upgrading is the introduction of a whole new set of bugs - and that is the reason we are still on ST7.

I look forward to new features and new ways of doing things, and most of the changes to Hole and Material tables at ST7 are a big improvement - what other 'improvememnts' are you referring to ?

The installation procedure is much the same as it has always been - uninstall old version, install new one, install MP's. Aren't there additional helpers now in ST9  for installation and settings ?

XpressRoute - don't use it that often but never noticed the default setting as I would generally be saving to the assembly folder anyway.

All the customisation settings for QAT etc are in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\{your previous version}\Customization - if you delete that folder then they will not be available. If you havent deleted them, you can simply copy them from there, but don't you get a 'use previous settings' message now?

Save as PDF is 3 clicks - same as any other 'save as'.

For batch pdf's, you could modify the Batch program in the 'Custom' folder.

By the way, we all need to have a vent now and again so no apology necessary - makes you feel better Smiley Wink

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
SE2019 MP5 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Hi @bshand

due to I have no insight installation available I only can suppose the UNC entry in my macro should let give You the opportunity to enter the insight share.

But I also understand a insight share as absolute network path in the form \\servername\sharename\....

thanks

regards
Wolfgang

Hi

I just tested it here using the UNC path name rather then a drive letter for finding DFT files to be exported as PDF.

Immediately if You enter the \\SERVER\ into the UNC form field the folder shows You the underlying directory stucture from where You now can select whatever subfodler You like

There is only one issue I don't know since I'm not able to test it here, and this is wether or not an insight share will be usable in the same way.

Please can anybody who is able make a short test and publish the result

Thanks

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad  I get an error when I insert a "\" character in the UNC field.

Bruce Shand

Hi @bshand

I first wanted You to share a video but after tryint it by myself I have seen the erro here too after entering the second "\"

I will check it in the source a do a correction, until I hve done so, please copy the UNC path with the servername and the share name into the UNC field.

This is what I've done so far when testing.

I didn't want myself to type the long path Robot Very Happy and this is what then comes out

regards
Wolfgang