User defined Material Table

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

These is the default material file located ...

I would like to have my custom selected material to be saved in my local PC not in the template path.

any idea ... ??

MfG -
Viv
7 REPLIES

Re: User defined Material Table

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

That material table folder is on your local PC according to your file locations.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

sorry that was a example .... actually the path is in our server...

MfG -
Viv

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK. So you can save your own material file in a location of your choice if you are also able to change the path in the file locations.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

ya offcours , I know i can ....  Ur right

I want to be up to date accourding to my company material avilable (that is the materials in server)

and have my own list of  materials ... in my PC  c:/.... 

for example I have restrication changing things in the server.. because its read only ...

MfG -
Viv

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Seems like you have a conflict then. We keep the material file on a server too but allow write access to all users.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

if that path is read and write .. every user will try to have their own material list ... and it will be populated ... All i want to know is there any possibility to have custom material tabel in Ur local pc with out disturbing the default materials..

MfG -
Viv

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think I already answered that in my second post. By the way, we allow write access so that any new materials needed will be available to everyone. We are relatively small with 9 users which we trust to do the right thing. We may lock it down some day but for now it's useful to have it open.

Bruce Shand