Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User guide'ish brochure configurations

Creator
Creator

Hi

I need to create assembly steps for user guide'ish brochure. What would be the best approach for that? In SW I would create multiple configurations from assembly to create different states required. Only thing I can think of in SE is explosion of assembly but I just started to grasp this environment and it seems quite restrictive. For starters it seems there isn't possibility to manually create explosion groups. I found some old ST4 manual from google that stated to create subgroups which should be possible and cures my problem. But is there possibility to create multiple explosions and name them accordingly?

Any thoughts on this matter?

All useful information is welcome!

Im using ST10 - MP3

Best regards!

4 REPLIES

Re: User guide'ish brochure configurations

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Explosions are saved by creating an Explosion Configuration.  You can create multiples of them using the Explosion Configurations.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Phenom
Phenom

Just a quick note to add to @KennyG comments on exploded configurations: In the explode environment, the configuration stores part visibility as well as orientation. In a regular assembly, only visibility is saved in a configuration.

So if you were creating a progressive assembly, for example, you could completely hide some parts (exploded or not) and show others (exploded or not) and you could save multiple orientations of any visibility.

HTH,

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Have you looked at the ST10 online training manuals on Exploding Assemblies?

Creator
Creator

Yeah I looked at it briefly and this seemed quite the same that I found when googling. But some other more important things arised and I have time to look into this problem some time in next week. 

Best regards