Solved! Go to solution

Using Alternate Assemblies in a drawing

Is there a way to quickly switch a drawing view to display another Alternate Assembly "Member"? I am comparing the Alternate Assemblies to Configurations. Because in the draft environment I can switch drawing views between configurations easily by using the properties box.  

7 REPLIES

Re: Using Alternate Assemblies in a drawing

Any sugestions?

Hi,

Right-click on your view and select "Set Primary and Alternate Position".

This will bring the dialog box where you can control which member is the primary member (visible line style) and which member is the secondary member (reference line style).

Hope this help.

Regards,

Michel

When I right click that option is greyed out and not selectable. 

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SW
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

I think Michel's suggestion of "Set Primary and Alternate Position" will only be available if your Alternate Assemblies were created using "Alternate Position" vs. "Family of Assemblies". 

If your Alternate Assemblies are FOA, you can go to "Edit Links" (found by default in Application button-Manage pullout), select your source file, Change Source, select assembly, pick alternate assembly from drop down.  Edit Links can be added to your Quick Access menu to save you a couple of mouse clicks.

Kevin

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Is there a way to change one drawing view at a time using the edit links option?

SW wrote:

Is there a way to change one drawing view at a time using the edit links option?

No.....the "Edit Links" method captures every instance of the model within the Assembly -or- Draft file.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I have got one question how to activate this option  - please look at attached picture- I cant use it, or maybe I am doing something wrong ?

Please  help me to understand,

Thank you,

ArekAlternate ASY options Issue.png

Production: SE ST9 MP8