Using Key shot for rendering in Solid Edge ST7

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi,

Please suggest on this...

I tried using Key shot for rendering, in this

How can I make a selection for different faces in part, to show different textures.

4 REPLIES

Re: Using Key shot for rendering in Solid Edge ST7

Phenom
Phenom

I don't know if it is the best method, but I add different materials per face in SE with part painter.

Than, in KeyShot, the faces can be edited to the correct style.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi Joris,

That you are telling in modelling, actually I want to show difference in Key Shot itself - as machined and non machined surface.

In NX cad and Hyper shot we can do it very well.

Phenom
Phenom

I know.

I have an example:

key.png

You see the grey tablet? the surface is grey, the side is black. This is one part and the render is made in keyshot.

I added the material in se with part painter and keyshot took over the materials from se, but you can change them in keyshot.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I noticed that when sending a Solid Edge assembly to KeyShot it doesn't honor my Color Manager settings.

Or in other words, if I want to see individual faces styles/textures in KeyShot I have to make sure I have the Face Override on that occurrence set to (None).

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com