Using Solid Edge with Vault-PDM

Dear all,

have somebody experience in using Solid Edge with Vault-PDM?

Thanks.

Kind Regards

cad-se-user

5 REPLIES

Re: Using Solid Edge with Vault-PDM

I think you have received no replies because people aren't quite sure what is being asked. Are you asking about using Solid Edge with a particular PDM system? Which one? Are you asking about using it with AutoDesk Vault? (yikes!) or are you asking about PDM in general? or?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Hi Dan,

sorry for the confusion. But I thought it was clear.

My question was regarding the combination of:

Siemens Solid Edge (ST6)  <=>  Autodesk Vault Professional (2014)

So, does somebody have experience with this combination of CAD and PDM?

Thanks.

Regards

Harald

OK> so maybe you were clear. I don't know anyone who has run such a situation because there is no Solid Edge plugin for Vault as far as I know. So the only way to do this would be check in/out files outside of Edge and then put them back in the Vault manually.

How do you find yourself in such an odd setup? And are you using Inventor for CAD also somehow?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Yes, and I think also, that AD-Vault-PDM would not be able to support the file structure of SE assemblies which are checked in to Vault. What do you mean?

After all we want to connect AD-Vault-PDM to SAP and transfer the metadata regarding the assemblies and parts to the master data.

Maybe there are up to 30 Autodesk user, some AutoCAD and some Inventor user, and up to 10 SE user. Therefore Autodesk Vault could be a solution for the predominant part of our user.

But if we want use ONE PDM for all CAD system I mean, that Vault can not be a professional solution for this.

Kind regards

Harald

Teamcenter will handle this situation very well.
Cheers
Mark