V20 Tutorial text not working

[ Edited ]

When launching a tutorial in V20, the graphic comes up but not the accompanying text. The .CHM file is not getting read. I have reloaded V20 but to no avail.I can read the CHM file by itself but the tutorial pane is not appeariong (its not on the taskbar either)

I am running XP and it worked but just stopped.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Jay

9 REPLIES

Re: V20 Tutorial text not working

I vaguely remember this.  Believe it was caused by a DLL.  Instructions below used to fix it.

From the Windows Run dialog type: regsvr32 hhactivex.dll
Select OK
You should recieve a message stating that the DLL was successfully
registered.
Now if you open the tutorials you should have your bar.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

[ Edited ]

Grundey wrote:

I vaguely remember this.  Believe it was caused by a DLL.  Instructions below used to fix it.

From the Windows Run dialog type: regsvr32 hhactivex.dll
Select OK
You should recieve a message stating that the DLL was successfully
registered.
Now if you open the tutorials you should have your bar.

WOW Ken, that's a pretty intense level of "vague" recollection Robot surprised .....I only remember that I liked V20, a lot....but ST has since blitzed all of that. Robot Embarassed

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi Ken
Did what you recommended but no tutorial pane showing up...just the model for the tutorial. I believe Windows Explorer needs to read the compiled Chm file and chm is registere properly.

Also the screen shrinks about a third horizontally to the left, leaving a space where the tutorial pane should be

[ Edited ]

Jay,

Could you not just locate & copy/paste a new instance of the CHM file from the installation disc[s] to your system? [in case the existing is corrupt]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi Sean

I can read the chm files with Windows so they aren't corrupt. I have also re-installed V20 twice. Something in V20 is not calling the chm files when the tutorials are launched.

Jay

From Solution Center article 001-6170779:

"… We have found that running Solid Works and/or Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 will cause the tutorials to not run / display correctly within the tutorial interface. You can run the help tutorials via the ".chm" files located in the "\Program Files\Solid Edge v20\Program\ResDLLs\0009" folder."

That method will work as long as the .chm file is launched and then tiled vertically with tutorial model. I have done that in the past but the tutorial was working just fine for a very long time.

I looked at Network and its V4.0 something....not sure what that means versus the 3.0 refenced in your reply. That version shows an install almost 4 years ago but the issue here is less than 6 months or so old...don't recall when it started as I had attempted to go back to see how to do something.[ "Dont use you lose it" Smiley Happy ]

I can't find the reference 001-6170779 to read up on issue.I'll keep looking....

Thanks for input

Jay

If possible, I'd sure like to get the Tutorial running again as it did when I first bought it.

Thanks all

Jay