VB-BAS File Best Practice??

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello I is one of the ways the use of Visual Basic of bas file We want to know the use cases. Do you have reference materials and videos? .

Or ask might link address for reference.
Thank you.

7 REPLIES

Re: VB-BAS File Best Practice??

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

It sounds like you're interested in automating Solid Edge. If that's the case, I would direct your queries to the Solid Edge Developer Community. I might also point out that we maintain a Useful Solid Edge Developer Community Links page.

Regarding your specific question about Visual Basic 6 .bas files, I feel compelled to mention that the Mainstream Support End Date was 3/31/2005 and the Extended Support End Date was 4/8/2008. While you can certainly still use Visual Basic 6 to automate Solid Edge, most (not all) have moved on to newer more modern programming platforms. I will say that it's fairly common that people use Office Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) which is simply a subset of Visual Basic 6.

Regarding the use cases of Solid Edge automation, I would say that they are very broad. Basically, you can do all kinds of automation tasks but there are limitations. It really just depends on what your needs are and what you're trying to accomplish. I would be happy to discuss this in more detail with you via Skype if you're interested.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Phenom
Phenom

Hello @Kenshin81, based on my understanding of your post and further to Jason's update, you may want to see this article about using BAS files in Solid Edge

Also, there are some tutorials on VB programming for Solid Edge for absolute beginners on this page. Scroll down to the tutorials section and click the VB links.

From the useful links page posted by Jason, pay special attention to Spy for Solid Edge on CodePlex which will prove very useful when you begin with programming.

~Tushar

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you jnewell & Tushar
tutorial section seems to be very helpful.

the Spy for SolidEdge ....
Failed because too rudimentary understanding.
Do you have a part in the important-see spy for solidedge?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Jason Newell Love .. ^^
Thank you.

Phenom
Phenom

Kenshin81 wrote:

the Spy for SolidEdge ....
Failed because too rudimentary understanding.

Is that an error message ?

Kenshin81 wrote:

Do you have a part in the important-see spy for solidedge?

... ??

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hmm .. Please understand that Girard I use the Google Translator to translate.

I'd like to talk with members here

I do not know how to use a spy for solidedge program.

I saw on YouTube a spy for solidedge.
But I do not understand the bad hair.

Were questions about how to use it.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

You're going to get a lot more help in the Solid Edge Developer Community forum. This forum is for Solid Edge users. Please start a new thread in the developer forum so that we can continue this discussion.

It's becoming clear that language is a barrier. What is your native language? I'm hoping that someone in the developer community speaks your native language so that we can communicate better with you. I'm also eyeing something like Skype Translator so that you and I can have a conversation.

You asked about how to use Spy for Solid Edge. I published a 30 minute video, Spy for Solid Edge Introduction, on YouTube last year but it's in English so I would imagine it will be difficult to learn from if you don't speak English.

Also worth mentioning, I will be speaking at Solid Edge Univeristy 2015 October 26 in Cincinnati, Ohio for an entire day where I will cover topics like Spy for Solid Edge. If there is any way you can attend, I would strongly encourage it.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net