Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Table Window Drag Graphics Glitch

Is anyone else seeing the graphics glitch below when dragging the variable table window in ST10, MP3? Weird thing is I have only seen the graphics issue dragging the variable table window, not other Solid Edge windows.

(view in My Videos)

David McMahon
Solid Edge 2019
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10
13 REPLIES

Betreff: Variable Table Window Drag Graphics Glitch

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @David_McMahon

No, on none of our computers here.

What is bringing us to the next question:

• garphic card, driver version, etc.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Variable Table Window Drag Graphics Glitch

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@David_McMahon are you running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?

Yes, Windows 10 w/Fall Creators update.

David McMahon
Solid Edge 2019
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

@David_McMahon......yes, we are seeing this [amongst the other slow dialogues, in Draft] also. Win10 [v1709, b16299.125] Quadro P2000 [driver 385.90].

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Sean, thanks for confirming. I have an Nvidia Quadro M620 graphics card. I will submit to GTAC.

David McMahon
Solid Edge 2019
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Sean,  could you also log this with your channel partner and provide the SESYSInfo.exe from your machine that you are seeing the issue on.  You can reference IR 9044739 when doing this.

@FastXD, thanks....will do that right now.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm still on ST9. However, I can say that having the variable  window open is very taxing on the computer. I never leave it open as a result unless I have variable work to do. I do a lot of variable work in my models to overcome shortcommings of the software.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Everyone,

Sorry this took so long. The problem was introduced not with Solid Edge but with the Windows 10 Fall Creator Update (1709). After demonstrating with a simple "classic" menu/toolbar app I built using Visual Studio, Microsoft found there are issues in the update. They sent me a fix to try but it fell short. Not as bad as the video I see here but zingers still get left on the screen and if you resize, not just move, the outline display inverts, self-intersected and had plenty of issues. So they tried again. I just got a new update from them and so far testing shows good results. However, there is a catch. This fix doesn't work on Fall Creator Update (build 1709). To really fix the issue MS said they had to make changes deeper in the OS and so ... you have to install Spring Update (build 1803). I have done so and tested the fix.

Here is the MS information that will lead you to the KB. It will install on 1709 but you may still be disappointed that it isn't comprehensive enough. So if you have, or can move to, Spring Update (1803), do so before or after installing the KB.

The update has been released.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4338817

“Addresses an issue in which moving a Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) application window might leave behind a dithered pattern on the desktop.”

You can download it from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx by searching for the KB number.

I have confirmed with your sample that the issue is resolved with the update.

That's Microsoft. Back to me. I look forward to the feedback of what breaks with 1803! Ok. So maybe not so much. But, so far I have not encountered any major issues. And I've been running with it for half a day. Edge starts up. Outlook started and works. Visual Studio hasn't choked. So what could possibly go wrong? Hey, maybe our dialogs are magically faster just as they magically got slower with Win10 and even slower with Win10 Fall Creator Update!

Rats. Just tried a few dialogs (hole especially). That was a bridge too far. I have a case opened for the slow dialogs. Microsoft has been working hard on the dialog problems. They are pointing to OpenGL. Code they have. Doesn't appear to be part of the OpenGL standard. It is in the OS. Seems to be connected to desktop composition and frame buffer synchronization (between 2D and 3D buffers). But we have not figured out exactly what is going on and why. At least the variable table issus is fixed. Long live the fix.