Variable table ST9

Does the ST9 variable table highlight items that are selected on the actual model? This would be a real breakthrough if yes, otherwise it's still going to be pretty useless feature for anything other than simple models.  

7 REPLIES

Betreff: Variable table ST9

Hi,

Yes it does, but in my opinion this was the same with older versions too

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Variable table ST9

[ Edited ]

Yes, it does. In ST 9 and in ST 8 as well.

Which version are you using ?

2016_July_26_05.png

Can you tell how it is going to help in your case ?

Thanks.

~Tushar

[ Edited ]

@Tushar

In your case you have already selected the dimension, not an entity on the model, if you drill a hole and select it, nothing is highlighted on the variable table that relates to the hole, the point I'm making is if you have many entries it is impossible to identify which is which, the way it needs to work is allow items that you select in a model to have their variables highlighted in the variable table otherwise it's pretty useless for doing anything serious! It's completely counter intuative to any work flow that would be used!!

You want to find the item on the model, select it, the variable table should then highlight or filter to the variables associated with your selection, not the other way around where you need to go through the variables in the table to find what you are looking for or you have to select your item, hit dynamic edit and then select the dimension you want and then scroll up and down the table to find the highlighted variable, seems wrong to me!  

P.S using ST8 ,

I would like the ability to permanently change the appearance of rows, and even cells, either with color and/or  fonts.This would make variables easier to manage and also to indicate which ones depend on user input. Is this possible in ST9? 

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

I want the ability to make a selected view of the variables for perminent display and eding from the model file.

That way the inputs can be known and edited without going through all the variables when opening a existing file.

Using colors/bold to get that done is just a work around.

Even more basic that that, I want to able to place a variable in a cell of any table (in draft). Cell by cell, not by row or column.

The highlight item (say a plane) and having it's variable show up has been there at least since ST7, I think it was also in ST6.

Hi,

if You select - as mentioned - a hole - the hole dimensions will be shown directly besides the hole object on graphics screen.

There is no need for the variable table

At least if  You are working in synchronous mode.

Another issue where sync makes it easier then traditional

regards
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang

Sync has already been proven not to work very well for holes (not well at all), it's all been explained before, it's a topology problem, that has been confirmed by siemens.

Sometimes I think certain areas of this software have been designed by a hobbyists who likes to spend hours doing the things the long way just for fun.