Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View & Marup for ST10

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Can someone tell me why exactly isn't view & markup installed with ST10?

Been looking for this since ages, but can't find it anywhere.

regards,

Paras

Paras Raina
Sr. Application Engineer | Solid Edge ST10 | NX 11
MSC Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
11 REPLIES

Re: View & Marup for ST10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Paras_R please refer to the ST10 readme file and you will have your answer.  In that readme file it states:

View & Markup is no longer delivered with Solid Edge

View & Markup has been removed from base Solid Edge setup in ST10. A new, separate installation for View & Markup has been created, and no future versions of this product will be released.

You can download the View & Markup setup from the GTAC downloads page: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/.

The commands to launch View & Markup from Solid Edge have also been removed from the Solid Edge ribbons. You can add these commands back, if you like, through customization.

View & Markup should only be installed by users who:

• have a need for accessing pcf files
  • have a need for Insight or Solid Edge SP web parts

• have a need for the Solid Edge SP viewer.

For the ST10 Insight document libraries (in the web portal) to have full functionality, you must install the View and Markup product.

Hi 

we used before ST4 and view and mark up here, then when I finished my modeling I was able to release all of assembly with wiew and mark up , all parts assemblies and drawing transfer to read only file and released.

then next time if someone wants to use my model as areference everything was readonly and he can not change my model.

now with ST10 we do not have view and markup, and I can't release whole project I should go do one by one.

do any one has idea how I can release a whole project in one shot? 

Siemens Phenom

You would have previously used Revision Manager not View & Markup to release files.  With ST10 you now have Design Manager to release files en masse.

Yes exactly :Revision Manager in ST4

now in ST10 where I can release files all in one shot , not one by one.

the things that I know I go manually change status to release all drawings parts assemblies one by one.

now you are saying there is a botton to do in one shot?

please look at attached , there is no option for release a top assembly when subassemblies not released yet.that it means I should go releeas one by one it takes hours , and hours.

Siemens Phenom

Is this Insight, unmanaged or BiDM data?

we are using  a macro to create new number for new parts, assemblies and...

files will save in server in the folder that has read,write access.

then with doing release action file moves to a folder that is readonly.

if I answered your question correctly, it means we are not using built in data manager of ST10, our files rae not unmanaged and we do not have insight.

Siemens Phenom

If you are *not* using BiDM and are *not* using Insight but are  simply storing your files on a network server then you are using unmanaged.  How you create those unmanaged files is irrelevant.

But what about that you said with design manager we can release files in mess?

Siemens Phenom

Yes, but one thing at a time and I need to understand your environment first.  Perhaps you would be best served submitting this question to your Solid Edge support  resource instead.