Solved! Go to solution

Viewing options for 3d Models

[ Edited ]

Our electrical group currently uses 3D pdfs which we give them. However, it would be nice for them to have the capability to do measurements when needed. So, my question is what, if any, 3D output types are there that would offer measurement and what, preferably free, viewing software could they use?

PCF and the SE Viewer come to mind off the bat. However, PCFs and the viewer are not very robust. Any others?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author bshand
‎11-17-2016 01:20 PM

Re: Viewing options for 3d Models

You can create dimensions in Adobe reader in 3D.
Edit>Analysis>Measuring Tool
LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

@JasonTitcomb, Interesting. I'm hardly a 3D pdf expert. I would have expected the frequent users to know that already. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Bruce Shand

i would suggest xpressreview but as u say combersome and not user friendly.  However lets not forget they are free.

The best free viewer would be JT2go but its the best of the bottom 5 viewers siemens offer when compared to other cad providers.

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC

"However lets not forget they are free."

And worth every penny. If I have to create another file for viewing/measuring I prefer 3D pdf.

Bruce Shand

BShand

I would agree Id have to go with the 3D pdf as this can potential utilize a 3d mouse.....Still big fan of JT2Go minus the 3d mouse drv support.

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC