Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water mark in student edition

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi,

My Brother Uses Solid edge Student Edition.

He created a drawing and exported it into pdf.

Now the problem is his professor dont want to accept his drawing because of this water mark.

Can we remove this water mark even just for pdf files?

water mark.JPG

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sen

3 REPLIES

Re: Water mark in student edition

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No, it is a restriction of using the student version and is there to prevent fraudulent use of the Student version for commercial purposes.  You also cannot open student version saved documents in the commercial version for the same reason.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Jahnsen,

No...this is hard coded to this version, in order to protect against the commercial use of this freely available software. The watermark happens to both PDF & direct printing outputs.

I am surprised that a professor would not know about, nor understand this, and to also then not accept work because of it, seems a little excessive.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi,

I understand. Thanks for your replies.
Actually the professor is not a CAD instructor. He is a professor for Engineering Acoustics. The project was a design of a Conference Room(where in you can use any software you want, just need the drawing and computations).

@SeanCresswell , what do you mean workarounds? Using external softwares?

@KennyG , I exported the drawing to a DWG file and I can open it to my NX just now without a water mark (though I will not give this to my brother since the project is already submitted). Why?

Thanks guys,

Regards,

Sen