Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Catalog

Genius
Genius

Okay ! I have a more unusual question but still valid for SE.

I need to build a catalog for a client.

Who want to build a webcatalog of all his products.

But he does want to deliver simplified pdf drawings and 3D models to have a real good understanding of what you gonna buy.

I know many years ago there was a active X plugin of SE where you could upload such data to website's.

But is this plugin still available and is it free to use or do you need a separate license.

Are there any other people here who have been assigned to do this in the past or are also currently seeking for solutions to solve this easily.

and I was just thinking this plugin is great but it does need serious hardware if I can remember it correctly. And that's what most of his clients don't have.

So it does need to be lightweighted so it can be viewed/rendered quickly. Does someone know a onedrive/googledrive for CADfiles with build in viewer to just say something.

And yes I'm aware of companies like Cadenas,KiM,traceparts etc and they do deliver great work for larger companies but I need to do it for a small company. Who does not have the same resources like large companies do have.

Any comment would be helpfull.

TIA

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!
7 REPLIES 7

Betreff: Web Catalog

Legend
Legend

Hi @Xedu ,

with JT2Go (Desktop) you can create easy html files from JT.

Solid Edge Portal has a viewer for 3D files and many share options.

In JT2Go is embedded Sky DRM with near the same viewer and options.

Other great creation software for webgl is koru from box shot. With this little software, it is easy to create some special layouts for presentations on the web.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

solid_edge_portal_example.png

sky_drm_example.png

Santa on the way.pngJT2Go HTML

JT2Go HTML and Koru HTML

Genius
Genius

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge about this.

I think I have to investigate the JT2Go story a bit more

I did have an older version installed on my own pc here until a few months ago.

And uninstalled it because I never used it. And I was no big fan also of the clumsy UI.

But maybe its sufficient to solve my problem.

Why is Siemens keeping so many viewers ? I really don't understand this just make one viewer for all products you have.

It's much easier to maintain and above all the clients do not have to install a thing. Like the solid edge portal.

The koru soft seems to be pretty straightforward.

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!

Genius
Genius

Just discovered another way to export my models.

I have simlab composer to produce renders of still images. 

It's not so flashy like Koru or keyshot like you spoiled SE2019 users have.Smiley Wink

But it will produce webgl content in html format. at least that's what I found in the help section.

But no luck until now, have to ask for help I suppose @ simlabsoft

Anyway thanks wolfgang

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If all you are looking to do is share data for viewing and are not worried about data reuse you could just simply save the 2D and 3D out to PDF files and go on.  Everyone [okay nearly everyone] uses Adobe PDF Reader and the 3D model viewing generated from Solid Edge is adequate for a free tool.

Legend
Legend

Hi Dirk,

please let me explain about how I think Siemens create so much Viewer:

1. We have Solid Edge Viewer (Desktop) and V+M the viewer is the same basic PLMvis 32 bit. This was until SE 7 the same. Now is the SE Viewer = SE 2D = SE 3D (with license) V+M / Inside Connect is running out and for this is to use Solid Edge Portal
  1. JT2Go 32 bit is PLMvis 32 bit light, only English version. With Office integration.
  2. JT2Go 64 bit is PLMvis 64 bit light with new Ribbon. The same basic like TCvis has. But in JT2Go 64 bit are additional software integrated for HTML export and Web connection. JT2Go 64 bit has 2 version one as an App and as a normal Setup for Windows 7-10.Here is also integrated Sky DRM, based on the same technic like Solid Edge Portal. The basic software here is Hoops Visualization. PDF integration was created here because the active X was no longer supported from MS Office. New here integrated is the support for native Solid Edge files like ASM and PAR.
  1. SE Viewer for Mobile. Only for little files like ASM and Par (sev).
  2. JT2Go Mobile version also only for little files like JT. (for Apple, Android and Windows)
  3. JT2Go App for Office, this you need for integration from HTML Files created with JT2Go 64 bit.

I think the best Viewer version to use here is JT2Go 64 Bit Desktop or JT2Go 64 Bit App (Item 3.)

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

Okay.

@uk_dave 

3Dpdf cannot be used. But I agree it's the most common used format.

@Wolfgang_1 

So JT2GO 64bit is the way to go. I did not know it can open solid edge files and pdf files.

But why keep so many viewers ? If you have one that's able to open files from both Siemens NX or Solid Edge and more like you just said. and the Mobile versions okay but not for NX and SE separate.

What a waist of money if you ask me. 

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!
Highlighted

Re: Web Catalog

Legend
Legend

I believe Solid Edge Technical Publications has a publish as HTML5 feature.

https://sketchfab.com/ is another option, the models look nice there, but it isn't mobile friendly.

Edit: JT2Go looks great, might look into it too.

Solid Edge 2019 MP4 - Windows 10 - K2000