Solved! Go to solution

Weight calulations

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to turn the weight of a part off. 

1. I dont want to delete the part

2. I dont want to change the materials

3. I cant use family of parts

4. I want to revert to the part back on later.

What I want is an on/off switch for parts that also effects calulated weight.

right now I copy the file, and delete what is not used. I could save many file copies if I could turn the weight of indevidual parts off.

TOTAL WEIGHT: %{Mass/@1|R1}

This is the annotation I use to display the weight.

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by dcstaples (Community Manager)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Weight calulations

Are you pulling the weight from the assembly physical properties?  If so, in the assembly go to the parts Occurence Properties and set the Pysical Properties option to "NO" and the part will no longer contribute to the total weight of that assembly.  NOTE: If there are multiple occurences of that part you need to turn them all off.

If this is not what you are after, then I am misunderstanding.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Thanks Grundey,

I never had a need to use occurrence Properties till now. If I could save and recall the state of the Occurrence Properties, I would be in heaven.

What I really want is when I uncheck the display button in the part tree, that would result in turning the physical properties and drawing views off.

It's a few more steps, but this give me the switches I have been looking for as a replacement to family of parts. This also give me a method of turning off reference geometry.

You might also have a look at Family of Assemblies.  You can then exclude or replace parts and each family member would then have it's own physical properties.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

I cant use any of the "family" stuff as it conflicts with re-sizable assemblies driven by planes. At least that was the case in ST6, I have yet to try in ST7.