Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Solid Edge Student Edition forum

Siemens Master Siemens Master
Siemens Master
Please be aware that all postings to the Solid Edge Student Edition forum will be moderated and will therefore not appear immediately.
We will filter out the spam, so if you post something brief like "Just saying Hi!", it will most likely not end up approved :-).
We want this to be an active forum where questions can be asked and answered quickly; we will try to moderate all postings within 24 hours (except Saturday and Sunday).
56 REPLIES

Re: Welcome to the Solid Edge Student Edition forum

Not applicable
Hi Harrison, and everyone,
thanks, it really great to be a member of Solid Edge Student,
I hope I can learn a lot from everyone,
Mark

Not applicable
Smiley SadI cannot find the "new post" button. My question is: I have a Solid Edge v19 free 2D version that I have used at home for personal projects for quite some time. (Used a full Paid License at work). Now I cannot open or use the software - I get a message that I have no valid license. What must I do to resolve this?

Siemens Master
Smiley SadI cannot find the "new post" button. My question is: I have a Solid Edge v19 free 2D version that I have used at home for personal projects for quite some time. (Used a full Paid License at work). Now I cannot open or use the software - I get a message that I have no valid license. What must I do to resolve this?

Solid Edge Free2D users have a unique login to the system (usually their E-Mail address) and a password (sent via E-Mail). Once you login using your Sold Edge Free2D Webkey, post to the Solid Edge Free2D forum. They should be able to resolve your licensing problem.

Not applicable
I purchased the student edition of Solid Edge but can not find where or how to download it. The only option on the GTAC support page was the student version of NX. When I called for support, they sent me here. Please help.

Siemens Master
I purchased the student edition of Solid Edge but can not find where or how to download it. The only option on the GTAC support page was the student version of NX. When I called for support, they sent me here. Please help.

As I understand it, the site that sold you the license should have the download. Where did you purchase your license?

Not applicable
Thank you for your reply. I bought the academic license from JourneyEd, an authorized Siemens reseller at www.journeyed.com, and no, they don't have the download. The email that I got from Siemens had my sold-to number, WebKey Access Code and attached SELicense.txt file. It mentioned going to the support.ugs.com site to download the software. When I did that, the only software available to me was the student version of NX. I want (and paid for) Solid Edge, not NX. Please steer me in the right direction.

Siemens Master
Thank you for your reply. I bought the academic license from JourneyEd, an authorized Siemens reseller at www.journeyed.com, and no, they don't have the download. The email that I got from Siemens had my sold-to number, WebKey Access Code and attached SELicense.txt file. It mentioned going to the support.ugs.com site to download the software. When I did that, the only software available to me was the student version of NX. I want (and paid for) Solid Edge, not NX. Please steer me in the right direction.

Sorry for the confusion! I'll get you an answer ASAP.

Not applicable
I called GTAC installation support and they were very pleasent, and even tried my user name and password, but were unable to confirm weather I could download the software because the technician had a different IP address. His conclusion was that because of my academic license, I could not download the software thru the support.ugs.com site. Help. I have a valid license. How do I get a copy of the software?

Siemens Master

Could you send me a copy of the E-Mail you received (along with the attachment)? It is my understanding that you should get physical media from JourneyED (which is what threw us).
Once I have your E-mail and attachment, I can research this further and find out where things got off track.
Harrison Spain
harrison.spain@siemens.com