Weld Symbol glitch

[ Edited ]

Okay for some reason no text was in my message after posting. Lets try again.

When opening a few drawings, using the weld symbol fillet both sides, with 4"-10" centers, for some reason the 4"-10" part of the note will be about 2-3 sheet lengths to the right. When you double click the weld note and click ok, it fixes it. But when the drawing is reopened, it happens again. This is a problem especially for printing. Any solutions to this issue?

Running ST4 on mp12 I believe.

5 REPLIES

Re: Weld Symbol glitch

Looks fine in ST7 Smiley Tongue

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

What is frustrating is, I can no longer to get it to do this reliably. Last 4 times I opened it, it didn't have any of this issue. It has become a once in a while event now.

We aren't rolling up to ST7 any time soon. We are just now getting to the point of deciding to roll up to ST5. We like to wait until many of the issues get ironed out for fear of something going wrong and thus unable to roll back, we are in the middle of a very large and critical project.

ST6 has been out for a year now.  I'd say it is pretty well vetted by now.  Why not roll to ST6?

Thanks,
Ken

Well, we like to stay with the other companies we work with. One of our fabricators is waiting on us to roll up, I believe we are only rolling up to ST5 because the higher ups are uncomfortable making a jump from 4 to 6 without learning what was in 5. Really, not quite sure why not, I'm not in charge of those decisions, even though those making that choice don't know a durn thing about how to use edge. I've been using it since V18, but sometimes they want to tell me how to use it, despite the fact that they don't know how to use it at all. Almost funny really. They aren't comfortable using some of the things that eliminate human error, because they think it will cause human error. I'm working on them.

Can you share who you work for?

Thanks,
Ken